Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So it has been a while since I last wrote about us.and so much has happened. My darling Girl turned 1. Yes it seems like only yesterday to me that she was born and I held her lovingly close. Now we have a one year old moving bundle of energy. Her first Birthday Party was a good time. Her Aunties and Uncles came and played with us and she got some great gifts. I got lots of pictures and memories to write down for her. Despite the fun I had throwing her this bash and seeing everyone I am not sure I want to ever do that again. So many people in one place was overwhelming for her and Me! I am sure that when she turns 2 I may have the itch again, we shall see. After turning one and Partying for 2 days we had the fall out.  She had such a terrible rash on her bottom from all the sweets that we had a miserable few days. Life went on. Her 1 year Checkup was good only a few concerns, she had lost a bit of weight, and she has an issue with dirty hands. So my pediatrician, who I love, suggested to keep an eye on things and we should come back at he rfifteen minth mark to recheck those things. Ok.
Next was Christmas. I am one who loves the Christmas season. The lights, the sounds, those wonderful tastes you only have at Chrismas. I was not a really happy Christmas celebrater this year. We did too much in a short time. With My husbands family and my Families we were overwhelmed. I was glad Christmas was over. After 4 days of eating basically junk My Darling Girl was not having anything to do with decent food. She felt she only needed to eat junk, we had to break her of that right quick. After a few days of not eating much if I was not giving her junk she was not going to eat. She finally relized I was going to win the battle and she gave in and went back to eating veggies and meat.
Next was The Illness. We had decided to have our Niece stay the night with us and have a girls night, grandma, and us. All was good. Till 4:30 in the morning. Our baby girl had a temp of 103.2, yawzaa. I was scared and it wa sjsut horrible for us. The next day we ended up in the Emergency room. They told us it would be a few hours till we could be seen so we would have to wait it out in the waiting room after we saw a triage nurse. Yup that went swimmingly. Teh evaluated and place her in a room right away. Her temp was again 103. They did the tests and i got puked on and they sent us home with her and a dignosis of RSV. Oh my goodness. For three days we watched over her and controlled the temp with acetamitifin. After 3 days we were finally fever free for a 12 hour period.
I have been dealing with Neurology for my little one since she was 2 months old. It is a common thing for us to see them, this time however, they had some new stuff for us to deal with. They diagnosed my sweet baby girl with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). What in the world. So now I have a name to associate with the things that my daughter is going through. I have some research to do and some learning I need to continue with. I am determined to help her no matter what. I have also come to realize my DH more than likely has the same thing as does his dad and grandpa. It is a inherited Thing. I love them all, and I know the more I can learn about this the more I can help my child and my husband to cope with life. i joke with him and I ask him if he is ready to be a sensory family, but the reality is we are going to have to become a sensory aware family. We will need to educate our families and we will need to be strong advocates for our child. My reality is mommy was busy and now mommy will be even more busy, lovingly and happily I will care for my family and we as a family will grow and learn. I look forward to it 100%.

That is where things are as of now. In the future I am sure there will be more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment